Specifically with corona and moai, both statically link lua; perhaps
because they target ios they feel they have to do this with all their
builds for consistency's sake. Don't know.

Irrilicht also seems to (its unclear on windows; definitely on non
windows targets); as does springrts.

I guess maybe I'm just looking at a subset of projects here, but 'most
things like dynamically' certainly hasn't been my experience so far.

~
Doug.