Announcing pre-release of the LuaDist[1] batteries project.

The batteries[2] sub-project aims to reproduce the LuaForWindows[3] distribution using LuaDist. With LuaDist we can reproduce the same functionality on multiple platforms and compilers. The Windows release is currently built using MinGW32 and requires no additional runtime dependencies.

Binary[4] packages are available for OS X, Ubuntu and Windows. Other platforms should be able to build from source[5]. The Windows release contains the following list of modules[6].

Unix users can build the distribution using the following oneliner (CMake and git required):
echo "$(curl -fksSL https://raw.github.com/gist/2394281/luadist.sh)" | bash

NOTE: The batteries-0.9.1 is a pre-rc release aimed for testing, please submit any bugs you find to our issue tracker[7].

Peter Drahoš on behalf of the LuaDist project.

[1] http://www.luadist.org
[2] https://www.github.com/LuaDist/batteries
[3] http://code.google.com/p/luaforwindows/
[4] https://github.com/LuaDist/Repository/downloads