On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 02:51:26PM +0000, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:49:07AM -0300, Hisham wrote:

> > > I'm mildly astonished that this bug is still there.  -fPIC is required
> > > when building a shared object, regardless of CPU architecture.
> > >
> > > Add this to the reasons I don't use LuaRocks.
> >
> > Because Ubuntu still ships LuaRocks 2.0.2, a version from April 2010?
> > To your mild astonishment, -fPIC is being added to CFLAGS since
> > LuaRocks 2.0.3, from September 2010.
>
> Yay.  But the lack of recent versions packaged in major distributions is
> still on that list.

I'm doing the Debian packaging.  Sorry, but I've been busy lately. There
is a big change I'm making in the Debian packaging. Packages are going
to be renamed and to ship at the same time (when possible) the libs for
both 5.1 and 5.2, so I've posponed any updating activity (and I've
probably missed this luarocks release, that is clearly not that recent).

The hard coded architecture is clearly a bug, even if -fPIC is added to
CFLAGS. Is there a way to make this seting be computed at run time
instead of installation time?

I will be back soon, but help is clearly welcome.

Ciao
--
Enrico Tassi