> involved. Sputnik would be my first choice to drive this but I was also
> thinking that it would be good for visitors to be able to download the whole
> site as well. Who wants to contribute to a wiki only to find that the site
> is taken down later.

You can use Sputnik with a git back-end, so that all edits would be
stored in a git repository. You can then have a script that pushes the
edits to github or some similar service. Your users can then either
download a tar ball of the content from github or even clone
everything with history via git. (You can also grant some users
permission to commit changes via git, which will then show up in
Sputnik just like the edits made through the web UI.)

  - yuri