On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 08:17:47AM +0200, steve donovan wrote:
> Ah, but there is a common problem that can appear here.  The
> cross-compile is against the old C runtime msvcrt.dll, whereas (for
> instance) Lua for Windows is compiled against mscr80.dll.  So if you
> were using that Windows lua51.dll, then you are guaranteed to have
> weird intermittent problems.  So you need to build lua51.dll against
> msvcrt (which is certainly the default for mingw, probably for the
> cross-compile) and use that.

But I corsscompiled everything by myself: lua.exe lua51.dll
alien/core.dll and everything else. The main reason for this is to
have everything compiled by one compiler. I do not have compiler from
MS and I am not inclined very much to obtain one. i guess I am too
used to unix development environment.

> PS. Windows programming has been made unnecessarily weird by MS, IMHO.

Unfortunately this is so true for me! I guess I will have to learn to
live without aliens in Windows if solution to my problem is not found :(

Martin