On Jul 5, 2010, at 1:28 PM, I wrote:
On Jul 5, 2010, at 9:59 AM, Moritz Moeller wrote:
On 07/05/2010 06:53 PM, Jose Marin wrote:
Is there any recent Lua binding for SDL or GLUT, that works with Lua 5.0 or later?

http://love2d.org/

.mm

Love is more of a game framework.  If you're looking
for a more straightforward binding, LuaSDL 0.3.4 is
for Lua 5.1:

http://luaforge.net/projects/luasdl/

...and I forgot that I never was able to get LuaSDL to
compile.

In the hope that someone else might find my SDL binding
useful, I've made it available at:

   http://smbolton.com/lua.html

ysdl is a very lightweight SDL binding for Lua 5.1.x.  It stresses
simplicity and speed over completeness and sugary syntax.

Advantages:
- simple: only a single C file to include in your application
- small: many of the most common SDL functions are bound, but not
    all of them, so the binding isn't larger than Lua itself
- Lua function names closely match their SDL counterparts, with
    predictable changes
- MIT-style licensing
- fast: very little type and error checking is done

Disadvantages:
- unforgiving: very little type and error checking is done; if you
    pass the wrong argument to a SDL function, you will crash
- small: if you need something that isn't yet bound, you'll have to
    add a binding yourself
- documentation is minimal

Several simple example ysdl applications are also available at the
above URL.

Have fun,

-Sean