On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 14:39, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If Lua does not find it, then, perhaps, Lua is launched without
>> -lluarocks.require?

> Sorry to fragment the message into packets like this, but he did copy
> the lfs.so generated by LR onto his Lua cpath and still got 'file is
> not a bundle'

Ah, I missed that part.

>> gcc -O2 -fpic -c -o lfs.o lfs.c
>> gcc -O -shared -fpic -undefined dynamic_lookup -o lfs.so lfs.o
>> sudo cp lfs.so /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/

You do not build dynamic libraries like this on OS X. :-)

The second code snippet looks closer to reality.

My other guess is that he probably accidentaly used the wrong .so file.

To check if the file was compiled correctly, he may use "file"
command. The correct output for x86_64:

$ file /usr/local/lib/luarocks/lib/lua/5.1/lfs.so
/usr/local/lib/luarocks/lib/lua/5.1/lfs.so: Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64

HTH,
Alexander.