On 31/03/2010 23:41, Seth Burleigh wrote:
I need to write a popup alert box. However, I want to be able to leave
the dialog box open and any new 'alerts' will be written to the popup
alert box, not opening a new one. What will be opening these boxes are
totally separate lua scripts which have no knowledge about eachover,
other than the fact that a popup box could be open.

Indicating which system you target (unless you want that to be portable), which GUI toolkit you plan to use (native or portable, again), etc. might help in giving an answer.

For example, in Windows, one can use debug output (OutputDebugString) and write a popup box able to collect these messages (see for example elected answer of http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2452561/outputdebugstring-debugview-not-tabs question, it gives a link to an article explaining how to do that).

You can also use sockets, perhaps pipes, Windows messages or similar mechanism, to feed your GUI box.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France