On 03.02.2010 18:48, Fabio Mascarenhas wrote:
Hi,

I can add a compile-time option to Rings to replace the current initialization (just a call to luaL_openlibs) with anything you want, so you could define a function like

static void myapp_initializestate(lua_State *L) {
  luaL_openlibs(L);
  /* do stuff with loaders, preload etc. */
}

and then compile rings with -DRINGS_INITIALIZE=myapp_initializestate. What do you think?

Hi,

Ok, good. I think it is good solution for the current Lua design. May be in the future there will be means to transfer all sorts of objects between Lua states.

BTW, how long is it take to release a new Rings?

Thanks.