Hi lua-l,

I have a bit of a wish list item concerning the assert messages turned
on when compiling with LUA_USE_APICHECK:  Could they include a human
readable string which tells the user approximately what the assert is
testing?  The APICHECK checks could be easier to use for people who
don't know the code base well enough to decipher the context of an
assertion from the code alone on the spot.  I've used the following
style of assertions before just for this purpose to get the assert()
mechanism to dump out a message explaining what's going on:

	assert(condition && "message");

Cheers,

Joonas