On Aug 2, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Matthew M. Burke wrote:

Rob Kendrick wrote:

API for Bluetooth, I suspect you're stuffed. (PalmOS, the last time I
looked, did not support dynamic libraries.)

Actually, PalmOS supports libraries you can load at runtime, but it often tends to be tricky. Plua provides facilities for writing libraries in C that your lua code can load using the loadlib command.

I would check the archives of the Yahoo Plua group. I think I remember people discussing making use of bluetooth before, but I'm not sure of the outcome. It may be possible using the PalmOS docs to write a wrapper around the bluetooth functionality, but off the top of my head, I'm wondering if maybe the way Marcio interacts with the event queue might preclude it from working.

Matt

This might not even be necessary, depending on how you want to use Bluetooth. A couple of years ago before switching to an iPhone, I had a Treo 650 with Plua installed. I was able to use Plua's ability to use serial devices to communicate with a small GPS "puck" over a Bluetooth serial profile, if that makes sense. I no longer have access to the code, and it was just on a lark to see if it worked or not. If you look at the Plua documentation, you'll see various ways to use the serial device support to interact with the IRDA, Bluetooth and actual serial hardware.

If you're planning to use Bluetooth in some other way, then this doesn't really apply. Perhaps for your remote control application, you can write a small server on the Linux box that listens over a virtual serial port via Bluetooth?

Louis Mamakos