William Pursell wrote:
Miles Bader wrote:
William Pursell <...> writes:
The problem is that the lua makefiles are built with
the assumption that the readline library is always
available under linux.  This is a packaging error,
and should be reported as a bug.
Given that it's a simple makefile, what do you expect?

They target a "typical" system (of each type), and if yours is
different, you edit the makefile..

[snip]
Life would be much easier if one could build
the system by passing arguments to a configure
script rather than editing Makefiles and luaconf.h

Well then, can you, or someone contribute a configure setup and put it on the Lua wiki?

I don't believe I've seen a configure setup for Lua yet, perhaps there is a real dearth of automake/autoconf talent around these parts... We need a automake/autoconf guru to save us unwashed barbarians! :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)