On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, list!
>
> Google begins accepting SoC applications today, and stops accepting
> them on Friday, 13th. Would Lua community try to participate this
> year?

As far as I can tell, it would be very difficult for Lua to be chosen
as an organization. The Lua team does closed development so students
are unlikely to directly contribute to the language. As for libraries,
none are recognized as "official" by the community or otherwise and
the community has thus far not made a very strong attempt at
standardizing them. For these reasons, it is unlikely any page of
project ideas made by the community would be accepted.

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant