On 14/05/2008, at 11:58 AM, mr wrote:

Hi,

A friend of mine has recently taken over maintaining
PuLP (http://code.google.com/p/pulp-or/
), a Python binding to a number of linear and
integer programming
libraries (cplex, xpress, clp/cbc, glpk).  Does
anyone on this list
(apart from me) have an interest for such a thing
for Lua?

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi,
i have interest :-) scilab is nice, but sometimes i
miss lua
Greets,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Are you using the GLPK plugin for SciLab? What kind and size of LP/IP are you solving? Given there's not a huge amount of interest, I might not do anything in a hurry, but I was thinking of some kind of pure lua variable/constraint/objective manipulation and then initially a pretty straightforward interface to CLP. If that works, IP can come later...

Cheers,
Geoff