Steve Heller writes:
> Gavin Wraith wrote:
> <F0F59F8A-C83D-4076-947A-1CF321DFF4A0 <at> dnainternet.net> wrote
> >> What could be useful, though, would be a completely separate
> >> "walkthrough" of the source, a narrative tour of Luaville.
> >I think that is a brilliant idea. There was a Complete Disassembly
> >book of the Acorn BBC B micro, too.
> I would greatly appreciate something like this too.

I agree too[1].  There was a book "Understanding the Linux Kernel" some years
ago that did something similar for the kernel sources.  Maybe this would be a
case where something at least loosely based on a literate programming style[2]
would make sense given the Lua code's small size, low change rate, and wide
readership.

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaSource
[2] http://blogs.msdn.com/devdev/archive/2006/01/23/516431.aspx