I doubt it's a bug in the lua core, more probably in his own code or sqlite.

I say this as the allocator I use, for one, does not allow any (reasonable)
form of heap corruption or freeing of invalid pointers.

Interesting about the OS X malloc, didn't know it aligned that aggressively.

On Wed Jan 16 14:28 , Rob Barris sent:

On OS X all calls to malloc() will return something aligned in 16
byte boundary unless its size is less than 16 bytes or maybe 8 bytes.

So, the runtime is trying to let us know that some code path is
possibly freeing a bogus pointer. Frame #4 in your crawl shows the
point in Lua code where the call to free() is made.. I wonder if you
have found a bug.