On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:56:41AM +0200, Bru, Pierre wrote:
> I would like to run a tiny scriptable http proxy that allow me to rewrite/modify pages before they reach my browser, that is, a real http proxy but with hooks for Lua scripts to alter request or responses (something like MouseHole do in Ruby or WBI do in Java).
>
> maybe Xavante does that ? if not, do you know any other possibility ?

you might want to take a look at lighty http://lighttpd.net/
It has a caching module scripted in Lua
http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/wiki/Docs%3AModCML

Apparently the CML is primarily meant for server-side proxying,
but maybe the mod_proxy can support a client-side proxy.
Unfortunately lighty's documentation is also very light.

Another interesting little project would be to plug Lua into tinyproxy
http://tinyproxy.sourceforge.net/

regards