Hello there,

I am trying out Lua because I am looking for a language to call Linux
libraries without having to do much C programming. I read the
documentation and I understand Lua itself (mostly) but so far, I have
problems running even the most basic Lua/C interface example from the
Lua book at: http://www.lua.org/pil/24.1.html

I copied the program at http://www.lua.org/pil/24.1.html to lua.c
file. Then I compiled it:
gcc -I/usr/include/lua5.1 lua.c -llua5.1 -o test

The compilation produces no errors but when I run the "test", I get
immediate Segmentation fault.

I have Ubuntu Dapper Drake with the default lua5.1 package and
lualib5.1 library.

The compiler and other libraries all are the basic stuff included with Ubuntu.

--
Frantisek Fuka (yes, that IS my real name)
(and it's pronounced "Fran-tjee-shek Foo-kah")