> On Thursday 27 October 2005 03:24 pm, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> > Unfortunately, O'Reilly canceled our contract. It seems
> there was some
> > shifts in the company that resulted in the cancellation of lots of
> > books, mine included.
> >
> > Currently, my plan is to self publish the second edition,
> as I did with
> > the first. But I would like to know other opinions about
> that: whether I
> > should try to find a publisher, or try to contact a
> specific publisher,
> > or self publish the book but with a yellow cover, or maybe
> translating
> > it to Klingon... All suggestions are welcome.

I would suggest making it donation-ware in PDF form and then setting up with a on-demand publisher like http://www.ondemandmanuals.com/ as another way to make money off of the book.  That way those who want a hard-copy can get it and help support you in that way.  We use On Demand Manuals for all of our software documentation and the quality is fantastic.

- Brett