> config:

We are sorry; we did not update the config file...

> the #ifdef logic in luaconf.h for loadlib support does not work properly
> on a variety of systems.

Can you be more specific?

> - Set the proper directory separator for Windows.

Doesn't Windows work with "/" too?

> - Got rid of the double TMPNAME define (who is using it anyway?).

That was another mistake. As the name implies, that section is for local
configuration; it should go empty in the original distribution.

> - Modify the translation of module names to C function names. A module
>  "foo.bar.baz" previously had to provide luaopen_foobarbaz() and now
>  should use luaopen_foo_bar_baz().

Probably that should be configurable through luaconf...

-- Roberto