Olá,

I'm subscribed to the OpenSceneGraph mailing list, and one of the authors asked for sugestions for a new native file format that is extensible and backwards and forward compatible. I've promptly suggested Lua to be used as a scene description language, for I've used it myself as a scene description language for a ray-tracer I've wrote. While I was evangelizing there I grew aware that someone will ask sooner or later if Lua can handle gacefully large arrays of vertices. Sure one can write them as a table vertices = { 0.3, 0.6, 3.6, ...}, but this is not very space efficient. Will it be in byte-compiled form?

-alex