Hey all,

I've been sitting on this for quite some time. I got my allocation profiler to work months ago, and then decided it was too embarassing of a mess to show anybody. Well, I didn't really clean it up but I'm presenting it here in case anybody is interested; somebody emailed me about it which pushed me to publicise this.

It shows, per line, the amount of memory currently consumed and the amount of garbage generated (i.e. blocks freed which were originally allocated on that line). Assuming you have it enabled from the start of your program, that is. This isn't a turn-key profiler by any means; you'll have to read through the code and figure out how you want to integrate it with your particular program, or just use the general technique to create your own profiler.

http://a1k0n.net/lallocprof/

-Andy