Hey All...

I'm running a bunch of scripts at user-initiated times all in the same Lua
state.  Many of these load other scripts in order to access common
functions.

My questions are:

- How efficient is Lua when I redefine a function to the exact same thing
over and over?
- Are the old "contents" of the symbol just garbage collected as normal?
- Is redefining the symbol enough to trigger the garbage collection?
- And, ultimately, is there any problem (other than performance) with
frequently re-loading the same chunk which keeps defining a symbol to the
same thing?

Thanks for any input.