Hi ALL,

We've just release Lua For PalmOS alpha 2. You can download/see it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/luapalmos.

Still based on Lua 5.0. As soon as Lua 5.1 gets official we intend to port
it too.

This alpha2 release is still imature from my point of view, but we're
using the "release early, release often" strategy, as far as we can.

Good things on this release:
	- Open Source.
	- MathLib (based on Rick Huebner MathLib for PalmOS -
http://www.radiks.net/~rhuebner/mathlib.html)
	- StringLib (100% ported)
	- AuxLib (95% ported: No dofile, loadfile or require yet)
	- Baselib (idem as above)
	- Coroutines (100% ported)
	- IOLib (not ported yet)
	- OSLib (5% ported: Currently only os.exit is working)
	- Since we have just added MathLib embbedded on LuaForPalmOS core, now we
can work-around some ugly limitations on PalmOS, as the string<->double
conversions.

Bad Things:
	- Since PalmOS is still a very limited working platform, we are still
with a few ideas about what we'll do about the IO Lib. The same is true
to OS Lib.
	- The Debug Lib wasn't implemented yet.
	- Minimum PalmOS version is 3.5 (although it may work well on 3.0 too -
not tested).
	- PalmOS MathLib does not have a rand() or srand() function. If you have
one, MIT licesend, please send to us, so we can add it to the port.

Soon we'll have a command line compiler for those who does not have or
Codewarrior or does not want to program on C. Currently the command line
compiler will just add the script to the PRC executable file. We intend to
add more than 1 script at a time and to add real Lua Bytecoded stuff as
ASAP.

We're just have to adjust a few points before releasing it.

If anyone have suggestions, bug report, ideas, please send to us. We're
seeking to create a homepage for the project too.

Please note that this is just a second alpha version, and I'm working
nearly alone on this on my spare time.

Thanks to all,

---
J. Machado