How about a tool that would collect the suggested function 'descriptors' and apply them to all invocations of the functions?

I'm certainly _not_ going to do such a tool, but .. if someone will.. :)

That would find often experienced bugs s.a. wrong params to 'string.find' (I tend to forget the string itself! :) and such. Basically, a Lint (http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/lint) for Lua.

-ak