Nick Trout wrote:

I think one
of LuaCheia objectives is to fit on a floppy, which would be good
platform to build LuaGame on.
That's not actually a goal, but a possibility ;)
At least the GUI less stuff of LuaCheia easily fit on a floppy. I think Asko also had a early distro with SDL that fitted just so ...

Currently I think this would be possibly
even with a wxLua DLL (300-400kB?).

Sorry to dissapoint you there, but the wxLua stuff is very large. The wxLua executable comes to almost 2+ mb alone. But then wx is extremly complete as a GUI lib so it's well worth it.

In the spirit of this thread I'd say that a LuaCheia with SDL module (or Asko's Luax, which he pointed to earlier) should have most of what is needed. What is currently missing tho is all the SDL typical extras like fobts, support for all the bitmap formats etc. I think Asko's Luax is further along that line, as Asko actively maintains the SDL binding (it's based on his Glua-X after all)

cheers, Martin