Hi All,

luareader (http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/#luareader) uses the
lua_load hook to load chunks of data from a stream and pre-process the lua
source code to change statements on the "@id", "@id(...)" and "@@id(...)"
forms into something else, making it easier (at least for me) to write OOP
code with lua (with the help of some metatables also):

Button = class(Control)

function Button:new(x, y, width, height, caption)
    @@new(x, y, width, height) -- translates to inherited(self, "new", x, y,
width, height)
    @caption = caption -- translates to self.caption = caption
end

If someone is willing to write a C-like preprocessor for Lua maybe luareader
can be helpfull.

By the way I have a newer version of lua_reader which is able to read source
and pre-compiled lua files from files or memory. The bytes, be in a file or
memory, can be gzipped or bzipped and can be grouped into a tar file that
can be automatically iterated to execute Lua code. It comes with a different
version of bin2c:

usage: bin2c [-help] [-?] [-quiet] [-input input_file] [-output output_file]
          [-name lua_file_name] [-function function_name]
          [-trace trace_function_name] [-error error_function_name]
          [-compressed]* [-bunzip2]* [-gunzip]* [-tar iterator_function]*
          [-classpp field_format method_format inherited_method_format]*

which automatically generates C code that calls luareader to execute Lua
code from memory in tar, tar.bz2, tar.gz, or plain code, pre-compiled or
not, with the option of pre-processing it with the OOP module.

If anyone is interested in luareader please let me know, I can release it
with the same license Lua has in one or two weeks.

Regards,

Andre de Leiradella
http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/