I'm using embedded lua scripts in my engine (the engine is written in c++). I'd like to use the luaSDL module to get SDL work with my scripts.

So I have figured out that this is done by loadlib() (All the lua5 module examples in the lua-users.org used loadlib, and there's no loadmodule() available for lua 5.0).

But when my script does this:

loadlib("./libluaSDL.so", "tolua_SDL_open")()

my program says

'attempt to index a function value'

and exits.

What is the problem, what did I do wrong? Should I quit programming?

I think tolua_SDL_open() is the only function which initializes the module/library.