On Friday 24 October 2003 13:37, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> Both options of the `?' fit comfortably in a `char', but the
> compiler is not smart enough to realize that.

Thanks, now I can sleep better ;-)

By the way, I am planning my first use of Lua in a 'serious' application: I've
been asked to write a C++ test&maintenance program for a consumer device (an
air conditioning unit) and the specs say it must also work with minimal or no
changes on a to-be-designed future model (!). So I'll use Lua in
configuration files as life insurance.

  Enrico