Did you use Tkinter with Python? ;) Once you've used wxPython you wont
go back!

It's a little archaic and doesnt do all controls, eg. tree ctrls.
Granted there are libraries to extend it. The Python version calls Tk
through Tkinter, I think using Tcl, ie its not a direct binding so it's
a little inefficient, but well hidden. I think you have to include Tcl
to get Tk? I'd say that was the main reason not to use it.

wxPython now has:
http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/ - Delphi/Builder clone
http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/ - Apple Hypercard clone
both of which are now reaching a very useable level of maturity.

There is no reason why a Lua debugger couldn't be written in wxPython,
or wxLua for that matter. I'm a little out of touch with how far on
wxLua is. I'm quite happy with Python for my standalone tools and Lua
for embedding. I'm watching this project with great interest though.

Nick