I get the following warnings in the compilation of
lua-5.0-alpha/src/luac/print.c:

print.c: In function `PrintCode':
print.c:116: warning: void format, Proto arg (arg 2)
print.c: In function `PrintHeader':
print.c:145: warning: void format, Proto arg (arg 8)

Can this warning be safely ignored and if so is there any way to stop this
warning appearing?

Also I get:
../../lib/liblualib.a(liolib.o): In function `io_tmpname':
liolib.o(.text+0xbc4): the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

I think this is connected to the security problems of the tmpnam function in
file lua-5.0-alpha/src/lib/liolib.c, line 440. (http://www.suse.com/us/private/
support/howto/secprog/secprog3.html#tmpf). It would be a very good idea to
switch to mkstemp, or if this is non-standard, at least allow it as an
compile-time option.

Steven Murdoch.