I have been looking at these two GUI libraries for my project.
I will write down in this mail some issues which I have noticed.
My notes might not be correct though, so I would very much
appreciate any corrections and usage hints.

Also feel free to comment on other alternatives (I am also
going to check Iup)

---------

Lua version support: (I am otherwise using Lua 5.0 alpha)

wxLua - I was first happy to see lua50 directory inside wxLua, but
        when trying compile, it seems that at the moment Lua4.0 is
        needed. (RegisterWXLua uses lua_newtag etc)

Lua-fltk - doesn't support Lua 5.0a. Because lua-flt seems to rely
        on toLua, I guess the main limitation is in toLua 5.0
        availability.

------------

Size: (actually not so essential for me)

wxLua seems to be the heavier one, but it also seems to have more
functionality. I do like the fltk look though.

------------

"liveness"

wxLua - the release, and latest updates are from October

Lua-fltk - the www page doesn't seem to be updated in 2002
           (release from August 2001)

Both of the projects seem to be "one man operations", with not much
visible external activity.

--------------

Licensing: (I am at the moment rather suspicious agains anything with (L)GPL
requirements attached)

wxLua - claims wxWindows license, which in itself would be nice, because it
      allows free binary distribution in addition to the LGPL license. I am
      little woried though because of the wxLua and wxBasic relation. (wxBasic
      is under LGPL AFAIK)

Lua-fltk - LPGL, I think this is more strict than FLTK itself, which although LGPL
           allows static linking without suplying object files etc to the end user.
           (So getting a license change to Lua-fltk might be possible)

	Comments/Corrections ?

			Eero