----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:27:38 +0200 (MEST)
> Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > Now, perhaps indeed providing a .zip file of the sources can be a good
> > idea, zlib can be used for that, I think, with little work.
>
> zip and unzip are available for *NIX, and they are fully compatible with
> their M$ counterparts. You can find them at

Well, I think the important part here is the need for a newbie package, or
actually two packages, one for Linux and one for Win32.

A Lua distribution !! A bit like the Linux scene (and lets all just for a
moment pretend that the Linux scene works - this is not a invitation to a
flamewar :-)

I know that several different packages has been made, but maybe it time to
consider the need for these packages to become more visual on lua.org.

I will suggest that the Lua authors either make a newbie package or find one
of the existing and link actively to that from lua.org. Ofcause with all the
usually warnings etc. but still in a way so people would trust it.

/Erik