On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 20:13, Curt Carpenter wrote:
> > Ooh, scarey. 16k stacks. Gosh, and you've only got 64 megs to play
> with.
>
> Yeah, it is scary. You also have to fit in all your content: terrain,
> models, textures, sound, animations, screen buffers, etc.

The advantage of a console is that you can do all that easily within
64MB.  Especially given that consoles tend to have lower quality
texture/sound files, simply because today's TV's can't really support
much better.  Maybe once HDTV hits off...

This is why I'll always prefer PC gaming.  Not to mention consoles' best
RPG is the FF series (New in version XI - *less* gameplay than FMV!!)
while computers are constantly churning out top-quality games, like
Baldur's Gate series.

Which use Lua.  ~,^