I'm a little unclear on wether the 4.0 tar file on the official sites is
always the latest greatest "found a bug and now it's patched" version, or if
I have to scour the list for all mentions of patches and bugfixes and fix
them myself.

Also, in attempting to research the above, I was wondering what format the
list archive file is in. Winzip seems to know, but has troubles extracting
bits of it because it's a little bit broken. It also doesn't seem to be a
gziped file either.

By the way, I'm not the only one that knows that www.lualanguage.org is
missing most of the pages, right?