>From lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br  Fri Jun 16 17:39:06 2000
>From: Alexandre Sieira Vilar <asv@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
>
>If you remove the labels, then there will be no multi-level break support?

Yes, that's right.

>I do believe that multi-level break support is a good thing

So do we, but not necessarily for Lua.

>and I would like to see it find its way into lua.

This is our point: being a nice language feature is not a good enough reason
for adding it to Lua, specially an obscure feature like break labels.

We haven't seen any really good uses of labels, except the abstract "break
from an inner loop around an outer loop", which of course can be done with
functions.

So, does anyone have really good, concrete uses of break labels?
--lhf